LBI Pest Control uses Integrated Pest Management (IPM) solutions for your home.
What is Integrated Pest Management?
A well-defined Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a program that should be based on prevention, monitoring, and control which offers the opportunity to eliminate or drastically reduce the use of pesticides, and to minimize the toxicity of and exposure to any products which are used. IPM does this by utilizing a variety of methods and techniques, including cultural, biological and structural strategies to control a multitude of pest problems. LBI Pest Control practices IPM. We use pesticides in your home as a last resort relying on prevention and exclusion and baiting as our main objective to get rid of your pests. For example, we know that ants are the #1 pest in our area. Our first line of defense would be a light exterior spray of a residual chemical that ants would touch or ingest and take back to kill the whole colony. Another big part of IPM is to exclude the pests from your home. Caulking for ants, plugging holes and entrances for rodents is important in solving pest control problems. More chemical is not always the best solution, it’s bad for the environment and not good for the people. Please remember that chemicals do have a part in pest control when used correctly and according to the label. So when hiring a pest control company, ask them, “Do you practice IPM?”
A list of some of our most popular services that we provide:
- Whole house exterior spray – Spray exterior perimeter of house in late March or early April and mid-summer to guard against general pests and ants, but not including termites, wasps, bees, rodents or wood boring insects.
- Yearly All-inclusive Pest Control Program – Pests covered are: Ants, silverfish, centipedes, crickets, millipedes, bees, wasps, carpenter bees, earwigs, spiders, stinkbugs, mice. Pests not covered: Termites, rats, wood boring beetles, bedbugs, fleas, ticks, carpenter ants, cockroaches.
- Annual Termite Inspections with 1 year guarantee – Have your home inspected yearly to protect yourself against future cost of full treatments
- Termite Treatments – We do complete termite treatments using Termidor, the best chemical on the market today for wiping out the whole colony.
- Wood destroying insect reports (WDI) and inspections for Real Estate Transactions – buying or selling a home, get an inspection. They are usually required by the mortgage companies.
- Squirrel Removal, Exclusion, and Inspections – squirrels are very destructive when they gain access to your home, we trap them and seal the areas where they get in. I would also recommend an inspection and preventative action to seal access points before the get into your home or attic.
- Mice and Rats – a thorough inspection and baiting program is necessary to get rid of these rodents. Exclusion is the key, find out where they get in and close it up.
- Bees and Wasps – wasp and bee nests removed.
- Pre-Construction Termite Treatments – Building a new home? Call me and I will treat your home while it is being built to protect it against future termite problems. Call for more information
- Small general maintenance jobs and attic or garage clean ups and junk removal – keeping the outside of your house clean and free of debris will usually alleviate many pest problems in the future. Especially woodpiles and leaves. We can remove it for you. Need something checked at your shore vacation home while you are not there, give me a call and I will check it for you. We also provide clean out services and small general maintenance jobs. Call me, I’ll answer my phone or call you back quickly.
Our pest control service and exterminator areas include all of Long Beach Island including Barnegat Light, Surf City, Ship Bottom, Harvey Cedars, Loveladies, Beach Haven, Long Beach Township and Holgate. The mainland including Barnegat, Beach Haven West, Manahawkin, Stafford Township, Lacey Township, Forked River, Eagleswood, West Creek, Tuckerton, Little Egg Harbor, and most areas of southern Ocean County.
Howard Effron , owner – LBI Pest Control LLC